BLOCKCHAIN FOR EXECUTIVES & MANAGERS
This course is designed for executives, innovation officers, project managers, strategists, and analysts with a drive to learn the fundamentals of Blockchain technology in order to understand its potential to create efficiency in new business models. Even if you do not know where you fit in the Blockchain landscape, it’s never too early to start future-proofing your career for a competitive edge.
- Uncover ways your company could leverage Blockchain for existing lines of business or even to create new lines of business.
- Equip yourself to play a larger role in the devising a Blockchain based solution in the evolving technology domain.
- Develop understandng to help integrate Blockchain technology capabilities into organizational strategic plans and develop strategies for successfull deployment of blockchain solutions with traditional challenges.
The learning objectives for this course are to understand:
- History of bitcoin and blockchain technology.
- Importance of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies.
- Basics of cryptocurrencies.
- Basics of blockchain technology.
- Smart contracts.
- Legal and regulatory considerations.
- Blockchain use cases, benefits, and risks.
Unit 1: Preamble Blockchain / Blockchain Fundamentals
- Introduction to Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies
- Blockchain Features: Security, Privacy, De-centralized, Distributed, Immutable
- Forms of Value: Tokens, Securities, Cryptocurrencies
- Understanding the basic parts of a Blockchain:
- Peer-to-Peer Network
- Blocks & Block Header
- Transactions & Registry of transactions
- Mining in Blockchain
- Cryptography in Blockchain
Unit 2: The Technology of Blockchain
- Technology stack of Blockchain:
- Distributed Database System
- Hash Functions
- SHA-256 Encyption
- Merkel Trees
- Cryptography Algorithms
- Consensus Algorithms: PBFT, Proof of Stake, Delegated Proof of Stake, PoET
- Blockchain Protocols
- Example of Blockchain Protocol (Bitcoin)
- Types of Blockchains: Permissioned, Un-permissioned, Public, Private, Side Chains
- Structure of a Blockchain Transaction
- Unspent Transaction Output
- Transaction as Double Entry Book Keeping
- Scripts in Blockchain (Bitcoin)
Unit 3: Components of Blockchain Ecosystem:
- Transformation in Trading Units: Tokens, Securities, Cryptocurrencies, Ledger
- Technology Framework (Wallets & Exchanges)
- Organizational Framework (Governance Organizations & Service Providers)
- Regulatory Framework
Unit 4 : Ethereum and Introduction to Smart Contracts
- Understanding Blockchain technology evolution
- Understanding the Ethereum Network
- Alternative Blockchains like Ethereum, Hyperledger, and Ripple
- Libra Emergence
Unit 6: The Business of Blockchain
- Understanding business ideas for Blockchain
- Understanding identity with Blockchain
- Understanding Eligibility of any Bitcoin
- Understanding Blockchain for supply chains
Unit 8: Prospects of Blockchain
- Transforming business and professionalism
- Blockchain and Public Policy: Central Banks & governmental regulations
- Innovation opportunities in Blockchain & investment trends
- Blockchain in FinTech innovation
Unit 9: Use cases and demos
- Applications for Enterprises
- Opportunities in Healthcare – Counterfeit Drugs
- Application for Education
- Supply Chain